Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 06, 2009

Palm Springs: Days 1, 2 & 3

Wow!  We're here!!  So far the weather has been beautiful, mild and just plain wonderful.  This update is just going to be me writing, pictures will come later!


Starting off... Day 1 - Cooper did absolutely great on his first plane ride... he slept a couple times, and we were lucky enough to have the third seat in our section open so he had room to roll around, sleep and play in.  Our flight was pretty uneventful... at O'Hare I treated myself to a small box of 4 Vosges exotic truffles - it marked the true start to my (our) vacation!! Yummo!  if you don't know what I'm talking about... make it a point in your life to try one of these amazing truffles.  After we got to Palm Springs, Mom & Dad met us at the airport and then took us to eat at In & Out burgers (YUM!!) - again, if you haven't tried one of these scrumptious things... do it!   It's truly worth the calories.  We then came back to the hotel, got settled, rested and later that night went to dinner at Nick Faldo's Bar & Grill!   We had a pretty early night because we were so exhausted and our son was no where near on west coast time.

Day 2 - Sunday morning we headed over to the air tram.  Basically it's a gondola that takes you to about a 8500 ft. mountain top to an observatory, park & hiking area... we got to go hiking, see SNOW (which I thought I left in Indiana...) and just saw some beautiful views from the amazing mountain tops!  After we were done up there, we went to lunch in downtown Palm Springs to Las Casuelas - very yummy mexican food! - then we came back to the hotel and took Cooper for his first swim in the pool!  At first he wasn't so sure about it, there were lots of kids splashing in the pool which freaked him out at first, but after we warmed him up to the water, we put him in his floaty and he kicked and splashed to his little heart's content!  He had a great time!  We came back to the room, got ready, and then went to dinner at City Wok - a yummy local chinese place!  We had another full day so we checked in a little early so we could get lots of rest for day 3!

Day 3 - We woke up with Cooper a *little* later than the last couple days and then went to Mom & Dad's room to get ready to hit the road for a long day!  We had b-fast then headed to the Joshua Tree Nat'l Park - this took basically the ENTIRE day!  This park has a ton of different plants, animal, trees and rocks, holy cow the rocks are HUGE!  We drove and drove, stopped for a picnic lunch, hiked, hiked some more, took lots of pictures and had a full day in the car!  We had a great time, it was a little long  for Cooper, but we got some great photos, made some fun memories and saw some interesting landscapes!  After we got back (at 4:30) Matt & I took Cooper (and met Dad) to the pool for a quick swim... we were hot from the day & thought it'd be a great way to wind down.  We came back, got ready, then headed to LG's Steakhouse for dinner.  This is a cool locally-owned steak restaurant that is housed in the oldest adobe building in the area!  Matt & Dad saw an arial shot of it from the 1940's and said it looked just the same! How cool!! The food was amazing... AH-mazing.  Cooper is getting more and more adjusted to the time change every day.  Poor guy, it's so hard on him!  

So far, Matt & I are having a blast with Cooper and of course, my parents.  We're lucky to have them along - having someone here who's been here before is a HUGE help!  Today, we got a couple pix messages from home because snow bombarded the area last night! yuck!  I told Jeni I won't be coming home.. we'll see.  If it melts I might change my mind :)  I don't actually think we could live without grass!  

That's it for now from the west coast... I'll try to get pictures up ASAP - my laptop battery is about dead and I'm no where near a plug... hope everyone is doing well!

0 comments: