So I've seen this before but just came across it again the other day and thought I'd share it with you...
"You know when you're from Indiana when..."
- You've never met any celebrities.
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway. or buggies...
- "Vacation" means driving through Amish Country or going to the State Fair. or to Indy!
- You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular. At the Elkhart County fair!!!
- You measure distance in minutes.
- You know several people who have hit a deer. Amanda - haha love you!
- You have no problem spelling or pronouncing "Terre Haute."
- Your school classes were cancelled because of cold. So true! What was up with that?
- Your school classes were cancelled because of heat. Yea - who cares that it's 99*, 85% humidity, they'll be fine.
- You know where all the Yoders live. or Millers, or Troyers, or Bontragers...
- You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way. When you live only 5 minutes away... that was annoying.
- You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day. Hey we just did that today! Going from 80* to maybe 45 tomorrow? Indiana weather is WEIRD!
- You think ethanol makes your truck "run a lot better."
- You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July. Hopefully we'll get there this year with this late spring!
- Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
- You see people wear bib overalls at funerals. Well, if they have to dress up...
- You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year. The old people at the post office... so funny!
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?" or "Who are you gonna go with?" As a PR major this drives me CRAZY!
- All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, or grain. Hmmm, not in Middlebury! We do it by seasons! Summer & Fall!
- De-tassling was your first job (that's de-tassling corn for you city folk). Not mine, thank goodness... I did muffins & coffee!
- Your idea of a really great tenderloin is when the meat is twice as big as the bun and accompanied only by ketchup and a dill pickle slice. The BEST ones are at the Nappanee Apple Festival. AH-mazing! AND they won't let you get a second bun! Love it.
- You say catty-wumpus and kitty-corner. Yup just did the other day!
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O salad with marshmallows. Or Jello w/ fruit!
- When asked how your trip was to any foreign, exotic place, you say, "It was different."
- You consider being called a "Pork Queen" an honor.
- You carry jumper cables in your car. Yep! I got a whole kit!
- You know what "cow tipping" is. Too bad I never went that crazy...
Anyone have any good stories to go along with these tidbits or have others to add? I love lists like this, it makes me laugh.




4 comments:
good stuff amber... i could agree with almost all of those! but what the heck is catty wumpus?
I can't help it if the dumb things have a death wish! I still remember Katy coming out while your dad was looking at the Jeep going "what is all that" ummm bloody deer parts. lol. I'm going to be home for a few weeks in June, can we do lunch or dinner? or both :) lol.
Thanks for not mentioning my name on the "security lights" one. I'd hate for a blog-stalker to come and break in (or just walk in)! :) And I just made cherry jello with marshmallows tonight!
Fun List!
Cindy - it says security lights NOT beacons of lights bright enough to be seen from space! :)
Post a Comment