Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Jadyn's 9th birthday!!!

So with Kim & Roger, Mom & Dad gone... poor Jadyn was celebrating her birthday with no parents or grandparents! We had talked before the parents left about her getting her ears pierced and I told her I'd take her... soooo today was the big day! Going out with a 9 year old is a trip - she makes me feel old :) We had a lot of fun. Here's a photo journal of our little adventure!

We started with lunch at Panera... here is Jadyn with her strawberry smoothie! It was the least I could do since they didn't have her potato soup! She was in shock that they didn't have HER soup on HER birthday. What a punk :)

This is her proving to me that she could shove the whole last bite of her sandwich in her mouth. It about made me gag but she looked like a chipmunk afterwards, which made me forget about the gagging and made me laugh! What a goober!!!

So when we got to Claires to get her ears pierced we ran into a dilemma because I wasn't her mother. Darn it! After a little convincing (only slight huffing & puffing) and the manager checking with another store, we finally got permission to get her ears done! YEA!! I was all flustered by the time we got to that point so I forgot to get my camera out when she was actually getting her ears done... but this is RIGHT afterwards... she's still even holding the Claires bear. Jadyn was pretty pumped! She was really brave and she said it really didn't hurt very much. She did great and was so excited about her new sparkles!!!

This is her being REALLY impressed with me still taking pictures... :) she loves me!

Right outside of Claires... since she wasn't getting stared at anymore by everyone in the store... Jadyn did what she knows best... posing for the camera!!!

See the new additions? She's pretty excited! We already showed mom & dad on the webcam so they're in the loop too!
After I took Jadyn back to mom & dad's house - they were getting ready to leave for a movie. Jadyn was pretty excited and had a great day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADYN!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Pea Jadyn! I can't believe you're that old! And I can't believe your aunt Amber talked them into piercing your ears without Mommy there!
Well, actually I can! :)

Kim said...

Thanks so much Amber for being such a super aunt! And for keeping tabs on our kids for us while we are gone!

Anonymous said...

That was sure nice of you to do that w/Jadyn.....what a super nice aunt!