Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Parade & prego-ness

Ok - I figured I owe another post - but here's a spoiler: it's not going to be long. :) Last weekend I helped Aunt Cindy to plan the Jayco part of the parade - she did a great job taking the lead! Here are a few photos before we headed down main st. I was very happy to not be fully in charge of it this year - especially with this kid about to pop out of me! I happily rode in the truck with my hubby and ate my tootsie rolls :)

In other news - we had a doctor appointment today - tomorrow I am officially 36 WEEKS!!! You know - I think it's cruel for society to say that pregnancy is 9 months long because you know what - it's 40 weeks... 4 weeks in a month... that, in my mind, screams 10 MONTHS! Not cool. No one tells you this till you read your first prego book or go in for your first prego doctor visit. Ok - I'll be done with my little soap box for now...
The baby is doing well - the midwife thought he was around 6 or 6-1/2 pounds but could gain up to 2 more before the next 4 weeks are over. Joy! He'll be healthy... that's all that matters really. If you can't tell by my tone these last couple paragraphs - I am a bit on the done side of pregnancy - today was the first day of my ankles swelling - let's just say matt got a phone call and an earful about how ticked I was! :) I am really glad I married a patient, loving man! He has to put up with a lot of crap from me. I am also sick of peeing every 2 seconds, sore hands and finger joints among all the other ailments - I know I need to keep myself positive because this is a miracle and we're very blessed, but sometimes it just wears me out.
I hope everyone is doing well! Leave me a post and tell me what you're up to!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a cute prego! I know it gets old after being pregnant for soooo long, but just remember how badly you wanted to get pregnant!
Start a list of why you wanted so badly to get pregnant and all the measures you would take to get to that point! There are people that would just die to be in your shoes sweetie! I love you! Just take care of you!

Kim said...

Cute new blog, and just think at least now you are getting more sleep than you will be in a month or so! Take advantage of it now!

Anonymous said...

Great seeing you the other day!! You look so cute - although I totally understand you feel uncomfortable! Just a few more weeks to go - and after you hold that little one you'll forget how miserable the end of the pregnancy was!

Cindy said...

I'm guessing during the first ear infection - that only comes on at night or on weekends - you're going to wish for those swollen ankles! Or better yet, you might just pretend you have to pee every 2 minutes and let your sweet and patient hubby take care of your screaming but amazing baby! :)

By the way, you are a very cute preggie!

Cindy said...

Please know that it's good for you to complain ... it shows that you are a very normal pregnant woman! :)