Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

25 Random things about me...

Yes, I'm doing the 25 random things blog, but let's be real here, everyone loves being nosey and learning new things about the people they know! I know I sure as heck do! I was going to blog about the girls weekend in Chicago... but Kim stole my thunder on that so you're stuck with this! haha! So here it is...

25 random things about me:

  1. I love Cooper! Ok, not random, but whatever.
  2. I miss my friends in Indy :(
  3. I do not like running in any way, shape or form. Ick!
  4. I have been skydiving… right after I got my nose pierced and chopped my hair so it was really short and spiky! Mom was really impressed with me! Haha! But there are worse things I could have been doing at the time.
  5. I have donated 11 inches of hair to locks of love. My hair grows super fast.
  6. I want a red Harley-Davidson Softail like it's no one's business. I have a Harley rhinestone keychain on my car keys as a reminder! Some day…
  7. My sister Kim named me after her friend in 1st grade. Oh and I was her show & tell.
  8. I minored in Spanish at Butler and lived in Costa Rica for 3 months… I can still understand quite a bit of spanish! Speaking it on the other hand is a totally different story.
  9. I love the bachelor/ette and all those reality shows. Although, this season’s bachelor is SO dramatic, I mean seriously people.
  10. I love hot chocolate!
  11. I have some major road rage… but I am working on it for my son’s sake.
  12. I want to try bungee jumping…. I think… Some day… maybe.
  13. I swore I would never like living in Indy. I loved it.
  14. I swore I would never attend Butler. I did and loved it.
  15. I swore I would never join a sorority. I did and LOVED it – Yeah Alpha Phi!
  16. I swore I would never work in the family business/RV industry. Are we seeing a trend here? haha
  17. I have known Matt since 1998. He asked me out the first time when I was 15! On that same note, he asked me out at least 6 times during my college career, and I said no every time! We were finally together after I asked him out! He was at his wit’s end with me and decided that he wasn’t asking anymore. Talk about a persistent and patient man!
  18. I love ice cream. No, seriously, I LOVE ice cream. (especially cinnamon!) There is also this awesome gelato place in Loveland, CO that I’m in love with that I visited with our ad agency folks – I tried all sorts of flavors including rose… bizarre but so good! I’ve tried to get them to ship it to me, but they don’t do that… so sad.
  19. I am a sucker for Disney/Pixar movies and cheezy romantic comedies.
  20. I love cooking and especially love experimental cooking… Matt, unfortunately, has to endure through all the experiments… good and bad. He’s a trooper!
  21. I love daisies. I don’t do carnations.
  22. I hated the color pink until I was around 18 years old.
  23. At one time in my life, I had 20 cats. I was on a mission to tame every stray and wild cat in the entire county! These are the infamous cats that kept mysteriously “running away” -ahem- mom, would you like to explain that one? I have had some random animals for pets: goats (mostly named Nanny or Billy with the exception of the 2 latest ones… Princess & Sophia!), chinchillas (Rio & Herby), a cockatiel (Duke), a deer (yes, we named him Bambi) and a raccoon (Rascal). All very near & dear to my heart. I wanted to be a vet until I found out you had to put animals down… that changed my mind real quick.
  24. I LOVE being a mommy! It was a rough start for me, but I can’t imagine my life any other way. Cooper has completely stolen my heart and I'm completely whipped.
  25. I love my patient, loving, adoring husband! (anyone gagging yet?)

5 comments:

The Blissfully Happy Housewife said...

Number 23 made me smile...I always thought you would become a vet because you had such a soft spot in your heart for animals.

Have a great day!
Jamie

Kim said...

Me too! Like puppy surprise and kitty surprise! You always had animals surrounding you. But you have made great choices as you have grown up, and you have definitely found your niche!

Talia said...

three cheers for butler and alpha phi! well, i'm only a wanna-be, but still! i love it, too!

let's add this one:
"i never thought i'd move back to indianapolis, but i did. i love it!"

what do you think? ;-)

Amber said...

haha OK! find me a job and I'm there. Hmm, maybe I should talk to Matt about that one first.

Anonymous said...

I like Cooper's bib that he has on!!! You were definitely an animal lover....and at some point when I had it up to my eyeballs with cats you stated that when you have your own house you are going to have 400 cats! Yeah for cats! I don't think that's ever going to happen is it? You would have a cat house!
You did make good choices after the age of 15 and after your Teen Mania experience! It's amazing what an experience like that can do for you! We love you!
I must say that your husband is very patient, but I also do believe that you have truly met your match!!