Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's off to Carolina we go!!!

For Thanksgiving this year, we headed to North Carolina to spend time with Matt's familiy! His parents and sister (and family) live in Summerfield and Winston-Salem. It was great to see them! It's been a while since we've been able to make the trip down there... it was a WILD road trip! Matt & I packed up Cooper, all his stuff, christmas presents, our luggage AND our 2 dogs and hit the road. Are we crazy? Probably. But Cooper did really good, the dogs slept most of the way and we got there without a hitch! Here are photos of our trip!

All loaded up and ready to go!

Matt gave Cooper his first driving lesson!
(don't worry, we were at a rest stop - that van makes it look like they're really driving doesn't it?!)

Cooper & Grandpa Ralph hanging out with daddy

Playing with Grandma Carrie

Grandma Carrie and her two grandsons... Cooper & Drew

Grandma Carrie, Cousin Drew and Aunt Kelly messing around

Grandpa Ralph and his 2 boys!
And I don't think I mentioned this, but Matt & I's 3rd anniversary fell on Thanksgiving Day this year - the 27th! Ralph & Carrie babysat Cooper while Matt & I hit the movies! We saw the new James Bond AND I had my first cosmo since our anniversary last year, right before I went prego! It was fabulous - see below :) I was mucho happy!!

Before we left we got to go to ANOTHER movie - Australia - which is very good! We were so excited, 2 movies and a short break all in a couple days! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving too! We're glad to be home, but miss our family in NC.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

We missed all 3 of you! But I'm glad you had a good time. The best thing about family in another state, is that when you're kids are older you can send them away for the summer... :)

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great time! Go Cosmo!

Carrie said...

We really enjoyed having you here for a few days. Cooper is precious. We wish you were closer. Miss you all very much. Hope to see you again in a couple of months. Well, you know we won't be there while there is snow, so you may have to come back here. Love you all!