Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 26, 2008

So many firsts!!!

There have been so many "firsts" the last couple days... I thought I'd share them with you!!!

On Christmas, we headed to Kim & Roger's most recent home for dinner... we decided that I'd make the turkey! (brave call there sis)... anyways, Christmas Eve I was about to make the turkey and guess what... I found the tie for an oven bag, but no oven bag!!! I freaked! How do you make a turkey without an oven bag??!?! So Matt did some research online and found that you can cook a turkey in all sorts of things... including a brown paper bag! It was qwirky enough to get my attention - so I did it! And let me tell you it was FABULOUS!

First I brined the turkey after it was thawed, then I rubbed it with really healthy butter, sprinkled some salt, pepper & garlic powder on the outside of the turkey and threw it in the paper bag, stapled it shut and 3 hours later... a turkey!! Isn't that just bizarre??!? (not the turkey, the paper bag) It's kinda cool, like opening up a big yummy present of food! My favorite thing!! Thanks to my hubby & the internet for a great idea!


Of course, it was Cooper's first Christmas! He didn't get spoiled AT ALL... :)


Unwrapping a gift! (the ONE that was wrapped)


He had a great time.. like I said, not spoiled AT ALL haha
(this stash doesn't include anything from the grandparents....)
Cooper reading his first Christmas book!

Another first today, Dec. 26, Cooper got his FIRST haircut! He was getting a little baby mullet going on... never a good thing!

Getting starting! His bumbo worked PERFECT for a barber chair!
(and he IS wearing a diaper... you just can't see it. haha!)


Daddy finishing up... just a little trim to the mullet. Cooper did really good and didn't fuss at all!

Of course he had to get a bath afterwards... and he was a very happy, groomed and yummy smelling little boy!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! I love the picture of him with all his toys! He's very photogenic now!

Anonymous said...

He's almost as photogenic as his Daddy! I love the pictures and the naked turkey! Who would've have thought that you could bake a turkey in a paper bag? I've never done it!
Good barber chair for Cooper! He looks so big! What a cutie!

The Johnsons said...

Amber Cooper is just so gosh darn cute! What a HAPPY baby!

Alli said...

cooper looks so old reading his books and sitting up with his toys! how cute. I am glad the mullet is gone too...ha.
Have a great new year!

Kim said...

Are you kidding me? You gave him a haircut? You two are nuts...

Talia said...

too cute!

it was great catching up with you the other day, amber! merry christmas!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Love the turkey idea, but love the pics of the haircut even more. The little bumbo chair is too perfect. Happy holidays.