Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yes, I'm still alive...

Ok, so after a threat from Kim, I thought I should probably post on this thing again. My life really hasn't been too exciting lately, just really REALLY REALLY busy.

Matt was gone ALL last week (from Mothers Day morning until Friday night late) and then I left Sunday morning and am still in Schaumburg until tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon! Matt was in Connecticut for the 2nd time for training on the new laser they got at L&W! He's pretty pumped about running the new "toy" and I know Roger is loving it too!!!

I got the great honor of attending a Friedman users conference in Schaumburg. Basically - this is the programming software package that Jayco uses to run the company - sounds exciting huh? Yeah, it's not. I learned to sleep with my eyes open today :) The problem is most of this is REALLY techy and that's just not me! It's always good to learn the other aspects of your company and what goes into how our business works, but I tell you what... having 13 1-hour breakout sessions scheduled in 2-1/2 days is a bit much! I tried everything possible to get to all the "non-techy" classes, but unfortunately there weren't 13 of them!

Matt & I did spend our 24 hours together on Saturday very efficiently! We woke up and I made breakfast, then we went to church and had our church pictures taken (awwwww) and then I drug him all around Mishawaka for the entire afternoon on the prowl for BABY FURNITURE!!!! After a run-in with a not-so-nice salesperson at Babies-r-us, we decided to search elsewhere for our crib and other stuff... the problem was, where do we go? Well, let me tell you what, Value City & The Room Place have squat. Luckily, a guy at The Room Place pointed us to Burlington Coat Factory (me thinking 'ok dude whatever, what are you SMOKING?') funny enough, he was right - we found our baby furniture there! They have a whole corner of their store dedicated to The Baby Depot and probably had 15-20 cribs on the floor. Crazy right? We thought so! We got a crib, dresser and chest of drawers and hutch. Once we get all the furniture in the room, I'll post pictures - so stay tuned! We did get a glider which is all put together and in the room. Charlie & Vince have already decided that they love it! Crazy boys.

Well, that's all for now from Schaumburg. After I get home we're packing up and heading out Friday to go spend MEMORIAL WEEKEND at the lake with my parents & Jason & Aimee! How fun! What are you doing for the long weekend? I'd love to hear all about your plans!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy girl!! Glad you are having fun at your classes! HA! We don't have plans this weekend...just hanging out with some friends and cooking out! If it was nice we could swim but I DON'T see that happening! Have a great weekend Amber!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

It's about time you let us in your life! It definitely doesn't sound too boring Amber! except for the techy classes! Love you

Talia said...

i can't wait to see the pics of the baby's room! or, i'll just have to make a trip to see it . . .

Whitney said...

We registered at the Burlington Baby Depot when Micah was in the works -- they've got a good selection there!