Ok, so Matt & I have had this house for 2-1/2 years... we're getting really good at finding things we don't like about our house and then fixing it up to make it our own. It all started with flood lights in the back yard, electricity to the barn, unpainted walls, crown molding, an unfinished basement, and so on and so forth. Crazy right?
So, maybe you're saying to yourself... that's great Amber, so what? Well, there is one thing we haven't touched... the main level FLOORS! So what the hay - let's change 'em! Ok, granted when we bought the house I said... we can buy this house, but this cheap crap carpet HAS to go. My wonderful husband is a trooper with this house and has discovered his inner handy-man (maybe his inner Ty Pennington? hmmmm) Anyways, we're replacing all our living room, kitchen, spare bathroom and master bathroom floors with wood laminate flooring. The spare room, soon-to-be-baby-room and master bedrooms will all be getting new carpet that costs more than the cheap $.03 a square foot that was probably on sale 80% off on Lowes special :) if you can't tell - I really really REALLY dislike our carpet that came with the house. So here we go... our newest venture! We've only started, but here's where we are!
So, maybe you're saying to yourself... that's great Amber, so what? Well, there is one thing we haven't touched... the main level FLOORS! So what the hay - let's change 'em! Ok, granted when we bought the house I said... we can buy this house, but this cheap crap carpet HAS to go. My wonderful husband is a trooper with this house and has discovered his inner handy-man (maybe his inner Ty Pennington? hmmmm) Anyways, we're replacing all our living room, kitchen, spare bathroom and master bathroom floors with wood laminate flooring. The spare room, soon-to-be-baby-room and master bedrooms will all be getting new carpet that costs more than the cheap $.03 a square foot that was probably on sale 80% off on Lowes special :) if you can't tell - I really really REALLY dislike our carpet that came with the house. So here we go... our newest venture! We've only started, but here's where we are!
Spare bathroom pre-demolition!
Spare bathroom mid-demolition!
And just like that (with a little blood and lots of sweat later)... isn't it pretty?
Literally I think it was 75-degrees in the house - and here I am, hot, pregnant, with a hammer, knee pads & all. Go prego!
Those staples never stood a chance!
My studly husband measuring perfectly - yet again!
So far... so good!
...oh yeah and did I mention that after all this is done, we're doing a nursery?! Will it EVER end???????




5 comments:
Gosh! He almost looks like Ty Pennington! you don't look prego either!
It looks wonderful! How far did you get b-4 you ran out of flooring? Good job kids!
Just so you know......your work never ends!
WOW! Just the other evening we drove by and Dave said we should stop and visit ... I think we'll wait now. It looks awesome!
Looks great...And I am sure after the nursery, you will find another project!
It looks awesome! And you look awesome too :) I'll be around the first week of April if you want to put me to work :)
Looking good guys! Hey Matt - are you ready to come put a new floor in my house?!?
....getting the project list ready for next time you visit!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Post a Comment