Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What an amazing story...

Over the years I've gotten to know a girl at work, Jeni. We've worked closely together and have become good friends, which has been great for me because coming back to Middlebury after college hasn't been the easiest transition... anyways, Jeni and her husband Jimmy have been praying for a baby and this last weekend they got a little baby girl and named her Alyah. Here is an email Jeni sent around. They've been on such an amazing journey, I couldn't help but share it... it's such a testament to God's perfect timing and sticking it out through tough times. I am so excited for them!!! After the email are some pictures I took yesterday when I visited! She's such a cuddlebug!

Jimmy and I adopted a little girl on Sunday, Nov. 16 - Alyah (a-lee-ah) Dee Anderson. She was born on Monday Nov. 10 and is 6 lbs. 3 oz. The whole process has been a whirlwind but God's timing is always perfect and we are so thankful to Him for allowing us to love her! It took us 6 months to go through the homestudy process and once you are approved they start showing your profile to birthmoms. Well we were on approved on Monday (same day Alyah was born!) and I got the call on Friday that a birthmom chose us and wants to meet us that day! Of course Jimmy was out of town so we moved the meeting to Sunday (which gave us a little more time to get ready - as best we could) So on Sunday we drove to Indianapolis - fully prepared to become parents or to have the birthmom change her mind. We meet the mom at noon and by 1:15 we were holding our new daughter!!! It is/was so amazing! To say that we were in shock is an understatment and we just keep thanking God for our beautiful baby girl! We are home now and all doing very well. Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement over the last few years! It's been a rough road but SO worth the wait!!!


Proud daddy Jimmy!

What a little sweety!


Our babies! Cooper looked like a giant next to Alyah. Oh and by the way, this is Cooper's girlfriend :)


Proud momma Jeni!!!

Check out those eyes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie! I'm so happy for Jen & Jimmie! Congratulations! It will be so much fun to have your babies grow up together!

Unknown said...

What a sweet sweet baby. And an awesome story of adoption!!! How cool!! Congrats Jen and Jimmie.