Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 07, 2007

Blessings

So I was thinking this week how many blessings I have in my life. I have a job, a family and close friends - all of which drive me crazy at times, but I have them all in my life and they're all basically stable and keep me grounded.

I was also reminded this week of how much time can pass in a year. Matt's sister, Kelly, her husband, Tony, and their son Drew came to visit us this last week for a few days. It was awesome to have them here, even though it was for a few days... but since the last time I saw them, I believe Drew literally grew a whole head taller! He has also become Matt's #1 fan - I think he was a little disappointed when I was the first one he got to see on Tuesday after I got back from work and we had to tell him that Uncle Matt wasn't coming home for a few more hours. All he could say all night is "Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt!" We even kept him up way past his bedtime to make sure he saw Uncle Matt!! Over the last 6 months, Drew has had a huge improvement in his speech and development, which has been an amazing transformation - especially with the simple fact that I don't get to see him very often and with the time that passes, his progress amazes me.

Below are a couple of photos from their visit.. good times!
Uncle Matt & his #1 fan

Uncle Matt teaching Drew all about bow fishing. Poor child has no chance.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Counting our blessings is what Holidays are all about!!! I hope you and Matt are doing well! I miss seeing you guys! If we don't see you for Christmas, Have a Very Merry Christmas!!! Love ya!

Kelly said...

We had such a good time too! It was great to see you both and we can't wait to see you again in a week and a half! Especially Drew, he is SO EXCITED to see his Uncle Matt again! He looks at the pictures from the visit everyday and talks about them....I think I have finally corrected Uncle Matt's butt, to Uncle Matt's boat, though.....