Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas tree...

Christmas fever has hit the Gorsuch house! Yesterday, Matt & I ventured into Eby's pine tree farm in search of our perfect Frasier Fir. Unfortunately, the night before, we had a lot of freezing rain over the 4 inches of snow that we already had... so let's just say that made our job of walking through the trees and icy snow and finding "the one" wasn't the easiest thing in the world... but...







We found it!











Here is Matt after victoriously chopping down the tree....







And then after I asked Matt if the tree was "de-squirrelled"... we put the tree on its stand in the basement only to find out we got a tree that was a little too tall! Griswold family Christmas... here we come! Luckily it was an easy fix.


I was glad that Matt & I were able to do this. I haven't gone on the prowl for a real Christmas tree for a long time. I felt like a little kid again and had a great time!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Impressive. Roger and I have never gotten a real Christmas tree! At least you remembered the hand saw! It would have been great to see the roots, though. :)

Anonymous said...

LOOKS GREAT LOTTA SAP...

Kelly said...

Congrats on the Real Tree! It is SO EXCITING!!! Wish we were there to see it!

ken m said...

Hey Amber!

Great to hear from you! The Park Tudor ministry continues onward...Thanks for serving with SV!

Can you send me your address?