Quick update... Cooper Riley Gorsuch has arrived and we are safe & sound at home and in good health!!!
Short version: Baby Cooper was born on Tuesday, Sept. 9 at 10pm. He weighed 7lb 5.1oz and is 19-3/4" long! We got home today with everyone doing well.
Long version: Matt & I had a doctor appt. last Friday (the 5th) and our midwife was concerned about my blood pressure and some lab results so she asked if we'd come in that next Monday to take a non-stress test on the baby. Not a big deal, we just wanted to make sure that the baby was doing OK. So we went in Monday and the NST went just fine but my blood pressure had jumped through the roof - so our midwife came in and informed me that I probably had the onsets of preeclampsia and the only thing that would help it was to get the baby out... so we had to head straight to the hospital and prepare to have a baby. Let's just say I was in complete SHOCK and really overwhelmed. I thought I was ready but kind of freaked out - that wasn't what we had planned on and we really didn't know what to expect. So we got checked in at the hospital by 4:30pm and they started an induction method on me (not yet pitocin) and wanted to see if that would get me going into labor - which it didn't so they gave me an Ambien to sleep and said we'd start hard in the morning! So the next morning at 6:30am we started pitocin and by noon I was in labor. Long story short, labor started to be hard and I wasn't progressing very fast and at 5pm I got an epidural (PS - I love the person who invented those) and after that the labor was MUCH easier - actually, I slept through most of the rest of it. I won't go into much more detail but basically, Cooper was finally born at 10pm Tuesday night (Sept. 9)!!!!!!!! If you want details I can talk to you one on one :) So that was Tuesday and today is Friday and we JUST got home. Cooper is fantastic and could have come home a day or two ago, but my blood pressure wasn't doing so well afterwards and finally today went down with the help of medicine that I have to take for about a month and then hopefully I'll be all healed up!
Here are a few pictures they took at the hospital. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have more of my pictures posted online. Keep checking back!

Basically... we're SOOOOO excited and blessed to have our little baby boy finally here!!!




6 comments:
Congratulations! He's so stinking cute! I'm glad you are doing well and can't wait to come visit. Tell Matty I said to take care of you and Cooper and himself :) Love you all!
He is such a little mini-Matt! but a lot cuter!
Congratulations! what an accomplishment for the 2 of you! God bless you! Grandpa & I are so proud of all our children and grandchildren!
He is just beautiful Amber. Congratulations to both of you.
Sooo cute! Such fun times are ahead for both of you! Congratulations Matt & Amber on your new little Cooper Riley!
Congratulations! What a wonderful feeling! I miss those tiny hands and tiny feet!
Amber! He is SOOO CUTE! I can't believe you are a mama! CRAZY! I can't wait to see him in person, I'll definitely visit when I come home.
Post a Comment