So… how random does that title sound? Probably about as random as our life has been this last week and beyond!
Matt & I started our childbirth classes on Monday, had another one tonight and have 2 more next week... then we’ll know everything there is to know about having a baby and raising it… right?! Ok, probably not, but we can always hope. :) It's definitely been eye-opening for the both of us, but we're excited! Especially seeing our new niece & nephew over the last month, we are REALLY pumped.
Another hobby Matt & I have picked up in the last couple years is making wine! We have our 3rd batch going right now… Pinot Noir – my favorite! Too bad it’ll be a while till I get to try it… this batch seems to be going smooth, we’re almost to the point of bottling. Matt has picked up a few little tricks since the last batch (Raspberry Zin) that failed miserably, so we’ll see how this one turns out! It’s always a gamble to know how good your finished result will be, but it’s a fun and relatively easy hobby that we both like making and enjoying afterwards! Here are some photos of us working on this batch…
According to the belly, these were obviously taken maybe 2 months ago...? I don't know.
Oh guess what… we have yet ANOTHER house project started! Shocker, I know. Since we moved into our house, I haven’t liked how the back of it looks. It’s so BLAH and straight – no dimension! That is something I cannot handle. So I asked Matt if one day he’d take on building a deck… so guess what he started this week??!!?! I’m so excited! He mapped it out on the lawn last week so I could see how the finished project will lay out and it looks AWESOME!!! Unfortunately the next day, our sweet little pooch Vince “the destroyer” (my new pet name for him since he CHEWED UP MY SHOES) had pulled half of the layout apart, so now I have to use my imagination until the project is finished! Punk. Matt is excited and ready to start! He’s been working hard to get everything in line for the project. I’m pumped. Here’s a picture of Matt starting the project yesterday! I am SO excited!!!!!!
Everything else in our life has been going pretty smooth… I am getting bigger every day and little “Peyton” seems to be learning more dance moves in my belly every day! This last week he’s been specializing in break dancing and the running man. Matt wants to teach him the sprinkler next! Last weekend for the 4th, Matt & I went up to the lake with our friends Jimmy & Jeni - Mom & Dad were also there with Kevin & Ethan... so that was a great time! Lots of fun in the sun, relaxing and being REALLY lazy. I loved every second of it... even when dad tried to blow everyone to smitherines with the fireworks!! :) Some other things going on... I am leaving for Orlando on the 17th for our annual Dealer Homecoming meeting and will be gone for a week! Kind of crazy, but I’m SO excited to go! Matt qualified to pitch horseshoes in the fair – he did awesome and it so excited to get back into it! The bad part about me going to Orlando is that I’m missing the fair – actually, I am sad to miss the Hootie concert, but I saw them a few years ago, so I’ll live. Oh and I know I’m going to miss the food, luckily I have it on our family calendar that the 2 nights after I get home, we will be eating there – Matt has been well-informed of that!
So that's an update on our lives. What did you do for the looooong weekend??!?




1 comments:
It looks like Matt & you are moonshining!
So, little Vince is a punk? wait till little Gorsuch or "Peyton" gets a hold of his tail......woo-hoo!
That deck will be awesome and add so much space to entertain! Wow, we'll have to come over for a cookout! Sure we'll come!
Post a Comment