Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ok, for REAL, maybe Spring is close?

So I'm sitting here looking outside, listening to the weather - they actually talked about possibly SNOW showers today? Are ya kidding me?! This is ridiculous - it's the middle of April and my little daffodils are starting to bloom. Seriously, little ms. Mother Nature needs to stop PMSing and get back on schedule... now.

In other news :) Matt & I had our 16 week appointment about a week & 1/2 ago and the baby is strong and healthy! Apparently, when we were listening to the heartbeat, the baby was moving like CRAZY! But we did hear the heartbeat - it's up to 160 and it has gotten SO much louder, I couldn't believe it! I have it on my cell phone if anyone wants to hear it :) It's so cool. I also started feeling the baby move over the last week and I tell you what, we got a mover on our hands! On Thursday this week, I could have sworn that the baby was trying out for the circus or something - crazy thing. May 1 is our official ultrasound date!!! We are so excited to see our baby and to see that everything is OK. And for all who are wondering, yes, we will be finding out what we're having and yes, I will tell everyone! But, you won't find out the name until September :) That's a secret!

In other news - I was in Florida for a long weekend with my mom, sisters, ethan & addison! We had a lot of fun even though the first day Katy & I got completely fried - we decided that these babies made us way sensitive to the sun and we looked like lobsters. I got back on Monday and have already mostly peeled! Craziness! So much for keeping that tan for more than a week. Besides the burn, we had a lot of fun and had some great relaxation time by the pool- much needed.

On a final note, if you read my mom's blog (Willy & Sarah's Adventures), you know her last blog was about my puppy Sammy (13 year old puppy) who had to have surgery on his butt to have his tail amputated (and looked completely retarded)... well, about a week later, we noticed that he was going downhill, very quickly - Mom saw that he hadn't eaten or drank anything for about a week and was really worried - she took him to the vet and he was severely dehydrated, had an infection, was non-responsive, etc... we had to put him down last week - Wednesday, April 2. Sammy has been my puppy since I was 12, so this has been a really tough time for the family. I'm doing OK because I know that he was not well and his time was coming, but it's still not fun to lose a pet.

So on that happy note - I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be posting COMPLETED floor photos soon! So keep checking back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amber for posting about Sammy ~ that was very nice!
Yes, Spring is actually coming! It was very difficult coming home from Florida to this crappy weather, but hey, right now, Sunday eve. 6:42pm the sun is peeking thru the grayness!!! woo-hoo! God bless the little mover!

Jillian said...

Sounds like you have a future athlete in the womb? Hehe, perhaps the next Brady Quinn. I am glad to hear all is going well! I am sorry to hear about Sammy, he was such a pretty pup. Take care of yourself!

Cindy said...

I can't wait to find out what you're having so I can start picking out a name! :)