
So I guess we're getting in an average every 3-month update type of thing... I guess we'll have to change that from now on won't we?!! Well, since June, there have been so many things going on in our lives that I don't know where to begin, so I'll start in July!
July was a crazy busy month for Matt & I... I travelled with work for 10 days in Las Vegas for Jayco's annual dealer meeting/convention. It was cool because I had never been to Vegas and we were right smack in the middle of the World Series of Poker at the Rio hotel, but it wasn't cool because 1. I didn't have my husband with me and 2. half the time I couldn't leave the hotel because my title was the "Oh-crap girl"... meaning if something went wrong, I had to figure out how to fix it! Matt & I had to spend a lot of time apart during July because of that, but while I was gone, he did a ton of projects around the house including painting our bedroom, bathroom and closet, installing a peep hole in the door for me among many other projects!
In August we decided we should remodel part of our house. We flipped the stairs... now you go down North instead of South! We also opened up our living room by knocking some walls down to half-size thus making the illusion that our living room is larger than it really is! By the end of the month, we also had crown molding and were ready to be done with construction for a while!
In September we took it a little more easy... Over Labor Day weekend we took a weekend trip to North Carolina to see the Gorsuch family! This was very much a lot of fun and Matt put his dad to work! Ralph was pretty darn exhausted by the time Matt was done with him and their house! Our puppy Charlie turned the big 1 and is still as cute as always... and I have officially trained/brain-washed him into being a Colts fan :) We got to go to my FIRST Notre Dame football game... which happened to be their WORST game thus far this season (yeah, it was the Michigan game...) I guess I am just a bad luck charm. But I had a lot of fun! The tailgate we went to prior to the game was fun, and we actually ran into the NEWLYWEDS Courtney & Troy Pflugner! We hadn't seen them since their wedding in June so that was very exciting to be able to hang out with them for a while!
Since the ND game, we've just been working hard around the house, Matt is getting the basement ready for finishing this winter and he's also been preparing a lot for hunting season, which began last Sunday... and I know you are almost as excited as I am! Matt is also attending membership baptism classes at Clinton Frame and is planning on being baptized on Oct. 22 at the Sunday morning service! This is very exciting for both of us... he has been wanting to do this for a while and now he can!
On Oct. 23 we are leaving the country for 1 1/2 weeks to travel to China with the annual Jayco dealer trip and we are sooooo excited for a break from work and time to travel and be together! We will definitely have lots of photos and stories to share in our next update.
BY THE WAY: just last night (10-12) Matt shot an 8-point buck! Ask him about it :) He would love to tell you about it!
That's basically our life from the past 3 months in a nutshell. I love hearing about what's going on in your lives too so email us any time at gorsuch2005@gmail.com. Hope you are having a wonderful day and we will hopefully hear from you soon!
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Football, house renovations, China and more!
Posted by Matt & Amber at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment