Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

These are the days of our lives...

My goodness where do I begin. We've had a crazy couple months and it's about time I update this thing. What's been nuts? 2 kids. Need I say more?! I feel like it's only been a week since I updated. I haven't updated since Feb. 7. Almost 2 months ago!! I have a lot of random thoughts about what's going on in life, please bear with me. But if you’re good and read the whole thing I’ll put pictures on too. That’s your incentive. Ready…. Go!

So Brinley is doing very well. She is getting SO big! We have a doc appt tomorrow - I'm excited to see how she's measuring up! She's smiling, cooing, packin on the pounds and still squeaking away!

She's basically a very laid back child... for the most part. If she's not happy she definitely lets you in on that not-s0-little secret. She likes her paci and to be snuggled. She doesn't like to be held in the same position for too long or to be still for too long. She likes to face out, lay in your arms in superman position (or wonderwoman...), she likes to be on your shoulder, she likes her swing and she likes to lay in her boppy by herself. She always knows what she wants and just makes you figure it out... apparently we're supposed to read her mind too.

She's sleeping through the night.

{that’s all we’re going to talk about it because we WILL not jinx it.}

She loves her sling (she's sleeping in it as I type!), she loves Thursday morning breakfast with the Bontrager women (hehe or maybe that's just me? either way she gets lots of lovin), she loves her big brother.

Cooper is still warming up to his baby sister, but he's owned the fact that he's a big brother and she's his little sister and she's staying around. We're struggling with him taking naps (yes he still needs them – that’s for Mom/Kim) and obeying mommy & daddy when he wants attention. It can get frustrating, but we’re all learning to be flexible with our new life. That's OK, he's our baby boy and always will be.

He loves giving her a paci… however, that consists of him throwing it on her belly saying “here baby sister” then looks at her funny when she doesn’t pick it up! HAH! Love it. He loves telling mommy "Brinley's mad" or yelling "BABY SLEEPING!!!!" He's made her a very sound sleeper. Cooper loves his cars, playing basketball (he's learning to say GO BUTLER! & GO BULLDOGS!!), playing in his kitchen, helping mommy and of course he loves his Mickey Mouse something fierce. He also has finally accepted mommy's new car (see below). For some reason he had a hard time when mommy got a new car - too funny.

He’s putting longer and longer sentences together and is asking questions (yes, even “Why?!). My favorite is when we’re working around the house and we hear that little voice that says “whatcha doin mommy?” (sounds like “whatta doding mommy?”) Love it. We also hear a lot of “binney” {Brinley}, “bince” {Vince}, “gampas woods” {grandpa’s woods – daddy takes him out on the gator to look for deer}, among other cute things he says.

Matt & I finally had a night out without kids last week. It.was.amazing.
{Thanks Mom & Dad!}
Even though we were home by 8, it still felt good to have the time for US! We sooooo needed that. I even had a beer and yes, it was amazing.

We own a minivan. We took the plunge. WE LOVE IT!!!
We call it our Swagger Wagon
Inspired by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4
{about 2 months ago I believe my exact words were… “there is no way in #@!! I’ll every drive one of THOSE!!!! I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut.}

What else... I've totally embraced making this little girl into a little girly girl. Totally not me growing up, but this one doesn't have much of a chance. Love it! The other day I counted 25, yes 2-5, bows. The poor girl doesn't have enough hair to hold a bow in yet! However, that's why they make cute headbands and hats! Also – tonight we’re having a tutu making party. I’ve become my own worst nightmare.

Matt has been working hard on his boat project the past couple weeks and is about 50% complete. He has his annual carp killing extravaganza the weekend before memorial day weekend... so that's him timeframe on that. He's still loving his job, which is always a good thing.

Vince (the dog) drives me nuts, but we still love him (95% of the time anyway...) We had to put our first fur baby Charlie down right before Christmas last year. It sucked. Vince is lonely. But we're all doing fine. It was Charlie's time. I am fine now, but every once in a while, Cooper will ask "Where's Charlie" then we have to explain, again, about doggy heaven. Always leaves him a little sad, then he gets over it until the next time.

OK, I'll stop yacking for now, you were good, here are the pictures as promised!!

Brinley around 2 weeks.

Daddy's little girl.

Grandma Carrie & Grandpa Ralph came to visit.

Comparing toes.

Brinley - 1 month old.



Can't remember what he was telling her...

HAHAHA!! Ummm... telescope?!

She's learning to love bath time

Happy St. Patty's Day!



Cooper mid-fall. After we tell him "don't jump on the couch"... so he falls. Stinker.

Hi-yah!!

Happy girl!

Helping Daddy fold socks.


Sleeping on Daddy. Love it.

Until next time...
(I promise it won't be 2 months again)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah for a blog update, but boo for no pics. Try again?

Anonymous said...

Why didn't the pictures upload? Good blog though! I wondered what you've been doing the last few months!?

Amber said...

All fixed! Ugh. STUPID computer.

Cindy said...

Yay! I can see the pics! What a fun and cute family! I'm gonna miss you guys on Thursday morning.

Anonymous said...

The pictures look great...except for the one...thanks for putting that one that shows all my battle scars! haha