Words cannot express the heavy heart I feel for Lynette & Rusty Polinder, our second cousins, whose little daughter Olive Hope went home to be with Jesus on Friday. Her memorial service tonight was beautiful and she was loved by everyone who knew her, and many more around the world who didn't know her, but who were lifting her in prayer.
Olive was born 2-1/2 months premature while Rusty & Lynette were living in Thailand. She was feisty, courageous and beautiful. She survived many complications, surgeries, moves, and they found themselves back in South Bend before her life was cut short just before she was 4 months old.
Now, as a mother, I cannot imagine the heartache and sadness that Rusty & Lynette have been feeling for the last couple days... they have fought so hard for so long and have loved so much in the last 4 months.
With all that in mind, I know that last night, instead of working out, I held my son for a good hour after he fell asleep. I cuddled him a little longer, he gave me a few more kisses today, I tell him every night how much I love him as we tuck him into bed and I try not to let those little annoying habits of his get to me quite as much as usual. God has given us a healthy and happy little boy and I love him with all my heart.
Even though we know that she has been given a new body and is healed, while we are still on earth, we will never know why God chose to take her home so early. Please pray for Rusty & Lynette not only now, but in the future as they continue to heal the hole in their heart that will always belong to little Miss Olive.
If you have kids, give them another hug, "I love you" and kiss and thank the Lord every day for the blessing(s) you have been given.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
A Heavy Heart
Posted by Amber at 9:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So sad for them. Their arms must feel so empty.
I know that I have hugged Collin a few extra times too and cried with him soon after I heard the news. Their story has touched so many all over the world and I only hope that it has allowed someone somewhere to become closer to Jesus or want to get to know Him. Thank you for your post.
Post a Comment