Hi! How have you been? It's been a while I know...
Memorial weekend we mostly spent moving my sis & family into their new house! {YEAH!} Later that weekend, our toilet stopped working. Great. We snaked, plunged, drained and did anything else humanly possible to get that darn thing to flush. No success. We called in "The Willy Dog". When that failed {gasp!}, we broke down and decided to get a new toilet. {updated utilities? darn.}
So we headed to my husband's holy land... Lowes!
Look what we found! We decided to take the one in the cart! hehe

Ok... so maybe, MAYBE, I staged that shot a little bit... but he's just too stinkin cute isn't he? Anyways, we got our toilet and my amazing husband installed it! {WOOHOO} So now we have a working toilet!
So then we did what any normal, sane {::ahem::}, functional family would do with an extra toilet that didn't work and had ROYALLY ticked us off for the last 72 hours... {pass the sludge hammer please!}

Yep - it died.
But guess what! We found the problem... A PEN! {seriously?!??!??!!!!}
Memorial weekend we mostly spent moving my sis & family into their new house! {YEAH!} Later that weekend, our toilet stopped working. Great. We snaked, plunged, drained and did anything else humanly possible to get that darn thing to flush. No success. We called in "The Willy Dog". When that failed {gasp!}, we broke down and decided to get a new toilet. {updated utilities? darn.}
So we headed to my husband's holy land... Lowes!
Look what we found! We decided to take the one in the cart! hehe
Ok... so maybe, MAYBE, I staged that shot a little bit... but he's just too stinkin cute isn't he? Anyways, we got our toilet and my amazing husband installed it! {WOOHOO} So now we have a working toilet!
So then we did what any normal, sane {::ahem::}, functional family would do with an extra toilet that didn't work and had ROYALLY ticked us off for the last 72 hours... {pass the sludge hammer please!}
Yep - it died.
But guess what! We found the problem... A PEN! {seriously?!??!??!!!!}
A pen, really? A freakin' pen! Ok, first off, it wasn't just any pen, it was a pen from our CHURCH that was oversized in width and length... Pastor Marc might just be hearing about this one... stupid pen. Ok, now remember, we tried and tried and TRIED to get that stupid thing out, nothing worked! The pipe in the toilet looked like this thing --> & <-- I mean, I'm talkin' hairpin turns and wicked-crazy pipeage people! You will be glad to know that our new toilet is high-powered and there will be no pens getting stuck in this baby!
Random blog, I know. What are your big plans for the weekend? Anyone having good garage sales? I am having a major itch to hit them all... let me know!




2 comments:
You guys are too funny ... sledge hammer to the toilet??? :) So which one of you was trying to "work things out" while sitting?
I'm so disappointed you didn't use it for a planter in the front yard...you could've even left the lid up and it would've looked so red-neckish!!
You're funny!
I'd pick the one in the cart also....he's such a little cutie....of course, that's the only picture of him on the blog and it's so far away!
Post a Comment